Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Workflow Runtime Data

chiragjha
Zuora Alumni

Workflow Runtime Data

Hi,

I am in process to design workflow monitoring and error loging process, try to send data into cutom ques using REST API. I am looking for a way to get following fields so i can send details of error, workflow number, task id etc.

workflow name

workflow run number

workflow run id

workflow task name

workflow error code

Thanx,

Chirag

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Goutham
Zuora Support

Please find the list of Workflow liquid fields attached, this should be helpful in getting the required data.

nicoletap
Valued Scholar

Hi,

that's good information, I also was wondering about these fields. Are they mentioned somewhere in the documentation, because I couldn't find them anywhere?

If not, then I wonder if you have other tips and tricks regarding workflows which are not documented. I have learnt workflows pretty much from documentation and Zuora University videos but I assume that not all things that involve workflows are documented, things that might help us in our wk development.

Thanks in advance for sharing undocumented useful wk information that you would not find otherwise.

msonsma
Valued Scholar

Hi,

Depending on your logging approach...you can also use the Data Query API to retrieve information about workflow/task execution results by using the various workflow tables.

If log JIT you can refer the Tasks.Previous object in the workflow's payload to get the result of upstream task.

msonsma_0-1623243584329.png

Manfred

nicoletap
Valued Scholar

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I forgot to mention that I would need to use e.g the WorkflowRun name inside the workflow, but it's nowhere in the swimlane so I was just wondering where could I have found this information about how to obtain the Run Number from inside the workflow.