How to update a set of Custom fields under Subscription Rate Plan object in Zuora using workflow?
A two-step process has to be incorporated to achieve the Custom Field update as follows:
Upload File Preparation:
As a first step, We would suggest you to follow the below steps for pulling the file report that has to be uploaded for Custom Field ID update.
- Navigate to Reporting-> ‘Data sources’ in your tenant
- Select ‘Rate Plan’ data source
- Pull a report with Custom Field (already maintained in your tenant), ID from Rate Plan object and Subscription Name from Subscription object
- Click Export and Download the file
- Open the downloaded file and customize the Column names as follows
Rate Plan: Custom field values-> customvalues
Rate Plan: ID-> rateplanid
Subscription: Name -> subscriptionname
- Update the file with Correct Custom Field values that has to be updated in the system, as per your records.
Custom Field Update:
- Navigate to Workflows-> Add-> Blank workflow
- Click on the ‘Edit’ option after naming the workflow
Direct to the ‘Settings’ tab and click the ‘+’ icon on the “Mapped Input Fields and Params” Section. Give the inputs as shown below for file upload setting and click update.
For each->Logic->Iterate, provide the Object field as the Input_file that would be read for mapping and click update
2. Callout for file update
On success->Notifications->Callout, you have to call the ‘Put’ Method for updating the Custom field using the Rate Plan Id.
Perform Callout using the below criteria under ‘Headers’, ‘Body’ & ‘Authentication’ tabs and click update
Run the workflow, check if the tasks are completed successfully in ‘Run History’ and perform a cross check to see if the Custom field got updated as per your inputs.