Happy Business Starts Here

Call workflow when object record changes

Highlighted
Honor Student

Call workflow when object record changes

Hello,

Is there any way to trigger a workflow whenever a record is created or updated for an object?  For example, whenever an Account is created or edited, I'd like to trigger workflow xyz to run.

Thanks Chad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Call workflow when object record changes

yes, Make sure the Workflow is configured for a Callout and then you can trigger a workflow through API 

https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/POST_Run_Workflow

you should be able to set an event trigger on the object programmatically as well.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

yes, Make sure the Workflow is configured for a Callout and then you can trigger a workflow through API 

https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/POST_Run_Workflow

you should be able to set an event trigger on the object programmatically as well.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Honor Student

Hi.  Thank you for your response! I should have been more clear in my question.  I'm wanting to trigger a workflow whenever an account is created or edited directly in Zuora via the Zuora UI.

Highlighted
Honor Student

Question regarding "you should be able to set an event trigger on the object programmatically as well." - I'm not seeing documentation regarding how to do this.  Where do I find this?

Highlighted
Honor Student

Nevermind.  I found it!

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

@chadhorton wrote:

Nevermind.  I found it!

I am trying to do something similar (ie trigger an action when the account is updated) and wondering if you would be able to share a little about how you went about this? Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi @chadhorton 

Can you let us know how you did that?