Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Update Credit Memo/Debit Memo Template ID via Workflow

Update Credit Memo/Debit Memo Template ID via Workflow

As we are using the advanced invoice settlement feature and have several templates for invoices, credit memos and debit memos we need to be able to update this within a workflow. At the moment we are only able to export and update the invoice template ID for accounts. 

5 Comments
Savvy Scholar

We are looking for something similar.  We just want to update the Debit and Credit Memo templates for each of our Customer Accounts.  How can this objective be completed?

Thanks,

Kevin

Valued Scholar

Hi,

This is something that we are also interested in. It is very hard to map all the accounts with the corresponding credit memo/debit memo template manually. Is not there any way to do it through Connect?

Thank you.

Savvy Scholar

Hi There,

Good question.  I opened a ticket with Zuora Support and went back and forth with them and the only option they gave me to expediate the process was to use Postman.  i am not sure if you are familiar with Postman, but it is not the friendliest tool around.  Also, although you are run the process to update the Debit and Credit Memo IDs for an unlimited number of Customer Accounts, it seems to only work for the first 50 records.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, we are still working through some other issues with Invoice Settlemtn but hopefully we are close to implementation.

Thanks,

Kevin 

Valued Scholar

Hi Kevin,

I love this community 🙂 Thanks a lot for your input, this was a very valuable hint. We have technical resources who will help me update it through Postman, for now at least this could be a working solution.

For now, I think this is the only thing that we didn't have solution for. We are also implementing Invoice Settlement, so maybe I could help if you got stuck in certain processes. Please feel free to let me know if I can help with something.

Zuora Staff

Hi Team,

We have to use "Update Account" API to update the template id's.  I am able to update creditMemoTemplateId, invoiceTemplateId for Account using the Update Account API.  Please find the required details as below.

Note: Currently Workflow CRUD is only working for invoiceTemplateId update, Action Update API is not working for this use case.

API Reference: https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/PUT_Account

Workflow Solution:

RequestRequestResponseResponseUpdated Template Data Using Post Man Tool:Updated_Data_Using_Postman.JPG