Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Advanced search function inside workflow history - Status changed to: Delivered

Advanced search function inside workflow history

In order to perform a fast and correct bug fix we need to be able to search inside all workflow history for a specific key, contained for example in the input parameters or inside any block in task execution.

Thanks in advance

Pasquale

9 Comments
shakir-karim
Zuora Product Team
Status changed to: Delivered

There is a feature enabled in your sandbox environment today that will move to production in February that can help with this use case. 

We are now exposing workflow details for advanced search and extraction using Data Query. Documentation specifically on this capability is being created in preparation for production / general availability, but in the meantime please do try it out and give us feedback. 

Steps

• Navigate to Data Query (under Platform) within your sandbox
  • Use 'Describe workflow' to return the fields you can query on for workflow setups or runs
  • Use 'Describe task' to return the list of fields you can query on for task setups or runs
  • Use 'Describe api_call' to return the list of fields you can query on for API calls made by workflow on the tenant's behalf
  • Use 'Describe linkage' to return the list of fields you can query on for linkage and flow details between workflow tasks
  • Use 'Describe task_usage' to return the description of fields you can query on for workflow volume data.
  • Refer to documentation on Data query to understand how to create your query (return data, join returning data, limiting results, etc)
  • Post to our Data Query Forum if you need help in crafting your query.
  • Create new ideas if you have additional enhancement requests. 

Thanks!

pask
Valued Scholar

Hi,great, thanks for this enhancement. It will be very useful in creating workflow that automatically re-executes failed tasks without opening them manually and also to derive reports in general.

I'll test it in these days. 

Regards

Pasquale

pask
Valued Scholar

Hi, we tested today in our EU Sandbox with Tenant ID: 2000247 in entity Enel X UAT Spain B2C (8adc8f996a06ca08016a0c704a45025d).

All describe statement that you shared are not working. If we perform show tables mentioned tables are not showed.

Thanks in advance

Pasquale

shakir-karim
Zuora Product Team

Hey @pask, we deployed to US environments this week and target for EMEA next. Apologies, I should've been more clear. I'll message once available. Thanks!

pask
Valued Scholar

Hi @shakir-karim , is it possible to enable it on my training test sandbox? it is apisandbox.zuora.com. TenantID: *

Thanks in advance 

Pasquale

* removed

pask
Valued Scholar

Hi @shakir-karim I've opened a Zuora Support Ticket for my last request *

Regards

Pasquale

* removed support ticket url

D1eg0v
Scholar

Hi @shakir-karim 

could you please give us updates on this functionality? When it is planned to be released in EU prod environment? Do we have a link to the documentation?
Thanks a lot in advance.

shakir-karim
Zuora Product Team

Feature has deployed to all sandbox instances, and is targeted for production release March 4th. Please do test out in your sandbox, and provide feedback when you have a moment! 

Documentation:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/Central_Platform/Workflow/Using_Workflow/Use_Data_Query_to_report_...

shakir-karim
Zuora Product Team

Note: We received usability feedback on this feature and will be making the following update before moving the feature to your production tenants.

"Prefix the object names with workflow to allow easier search-ability, visibility and usability" 

Existing object / table name  New object / table name
workflow workflow (no change)
task workflow_task
linkage workflow_linkage
api_call workflow_api_call
task_usage workflow_task_usage