Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

subscription status not updating when out of term

subscription that got past its "term end date"'s status remained "active", although the zuora docs say it should be "out of term"

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: subscription status not updating when out of term

Once the subscription is out of term, there will be no more invoice generated, but we will still keep the status as Active, our customer can then renew it if needed in the future. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

but the zuora docs said:

"When a Term subscription that is not set to Auto Renew reaches its Term End Date, the subscription enters a status of Out of Term. Zuora does not automatically cancel subscriptions in this state and they will not invoice. Intervention is required to either Renew or Cancel the Out of Term subscription."

on this page: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Subscription_Management/Subscriptions/A_Subscription_Introducti...

Is this documentation wrong?

Thanks

Support SME

When you see a subscription that is listed as 'Active' it could indicate one of two conditions:

• Within a Term - when a subscription is still on-going
  • Out of Term - when a subscription has reached the end of its term and has not yet been renewed for one reason or another.

The Active - Out of Term sub-status allows you to make a decision on whether to Renew or Cancel the subscription at this juncture.

The following Knowledge Center article may be a useful reference; Viewing a Subscription

Active Subscriptions Out of Term.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √