Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Alumni

Why is the TCV on a quote not being calculated correctly?

Question:   Why is the TCV on a quote not being calculated correctly?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Why is the TCV on a quote not being calculated correctly?

Response:  There are a few reasons that may cause the TCV to not calculate properly.

In this case the TCV had 2 products and combined the Monthly MRR should be 775.40, and the annual TCV should be 29,465.20 (775.40 x 38 = 29,465.20), however the TCV on the Quote is displaying 28,465.20, which is a difference of 1,000.00 less.  There are 2 items that make up the 775.40 per month:

Item A = 500.00 and is set to start based on the Service Activation Date of 08/01/2017 for a total of 36 months.
Item B = 275.40 and is set to start based on the Contract Effective Date of 06/01/2017 for a total of 38 months.

In researching these 2 items, it was discovered that Item A, was only set up for 36 months instead of the 38 months based on the Subscription terms, because the subscription start date was set to the "Service Activation Date", instead of the "Contract Effective Date".  Item A is 500.00 monthly x 2 = 1,000.00, the same amount of the TCV total difference

To fix the "Trigger condition" in the susbscription, go into the subscription and click into the Charge Name (Item A) to bring up the charge information screen shown below.

2017-05-15_15-28-50 (1).png

Once the Trigger Condition has been changed, save and test to ensure that your subscription information is now correct. Then check to see if the TCV value is showing the correct amounts.

I hope that this article has been helpful.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √