Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

We notice a billing error on an account where the client stopped receiving their discount

Question:  We notice a billing error on an account where the client stopped receiving their discount for a monthly service. Recently the customer was charged for the monthly services. Why would this be? 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Alumni

Re: We notice a billing error on an account where the client stopped receiving their discount

Response:  This is a great question about a monthly discount set for a certain number of months.

In this Customers scenario, they set up a monthy discount to go against a monthly service charge fee that was set for 36 Billing periods. The discount recently stopped and their customer was billed for the monthly service charge fee. 

When the customer set up the discount, they only wanted it for a certain number of Billing periods. This was set-up under the "Timing and Frequency of Charge" under the "End Date" in the Product Catalog.  Once the discount reached the set number of Billing periods selected, it automatically stopped as expected.

Discount with fixed period.png

I hope that you found this article helpful.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √