Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Unbilled Calculation.

Kiung
Tutor

Unbilled Calculation.

How to I calculate the unbilled portion of the TCV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kiung
Tutor

Thanks Richard, your answers illustrated what I am after. Total TCV less total charges to date is the unbilled amount at a given time.

You are spot Zuora does not support unbilled revenue, however your answers is a reporting options are available to support the processes.

I will endeavour to test out your approachs using a single customer account and the calculation required to establish the unbilled position.

Thank again.

Kiung

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Richard
Zuora Staff

Unbilled TCV is not a stored Zuora metric. TCV is, it's an attribute of the RatePlanCharge object, but you'll have to compare this with billings to date for the same charge, for example by summing the invoice items for the same charge. But there are other ways to get to the same number, but your questions lacks the necessary context for me to be prescriptive with a specific solution.

If you are comformable with the API and ZOQL you can create along the lines of:

select Subscription.Name, RatePlan.Name, RatePlanCharge.Name, RatePlanCharge.TCV, sum(InvoiceItem.ChargeAmount)

from InvoiceItem

group by Subscription.Name, RatePlan.Name, RatePlanCharge.Name, RatePlanCharge.TCV

But please note I haven't actually tested the above query, it's just meant to be illustrative. Details on using ZOQL and the API can be found here:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/M_Zuora_Object_Query_Language

The advantage of this approach is the group by support provided by ZOQL, you just can't do this in the Zuora UI as easily.

You can use the report writer and a cross tab report to do something similar, build you report off the InvoiceItem Data Source. But while both of these solutions will list the TCV alongside the billed to date amount, neither goes the final step of substracting one from the other to give you the unbilled amount.

Zuora's API also supports a billing forecast call. BillingPreviewRun which will tell you the unbilled amount, but doesn't include the TCV 😞

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/BillingPreview...

So lots of choices to get to the answer to your question but we don't currently track it for you automatically as an OOB metric.  

Kiung
Tutor

Thanks Richard, your answers illustrated what I am after. Total TCV less total charges to date is the unbilled amount at a given time.

You are spot Zuora does not support unbilled revenue, however your answers is a reporting options are available to support the processes.

I will endeavour to test out your approachs using a single customer account and the calculation required to establish the unbilled position.

Thank again.

Kiung

View solution in original post

Richard
Zuora Staff

Zuora's new reporting tool allowed me to create the following 'TCV vs. Billed' report where you can clearly see the TCV compared alongside the sum of the invoice items to date. While the new reporting is in LA (Limited Availability) you can file a support ticket and asked to be included in the program, if you're accepted you'll be able to create your own version of this reportScreen Shot 2016-05-05 at 9.41.11 AM.jpg

arifyasin
Valued Scholar

I created the same report however seems like it has a hidden feature to seperate the line items everytime there is a renewal amendment. Notice in the attached snapshot how the same charge is repeated more than once. is there a grouping setting i missed or ....

unbilledreport.JPG