Happy Business Starts Here

Unable to create cancellation quote with a cancellation date set on a closed accounting period

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

Unable to create cancellation quote with a cancellation date set on a closed accounting period

Hi,
Could you explain me why for the subcription S00459405 I can't create a cancellation quote and put the cancellation date on 10/1/2016; the message "Invoices cannot be generated in a closed Accounting Period. Please enter another invoice date." is displayed. 
For this subscription, I can create can create the cancellation amendment in Zuora UI ( Please see the attached file).

While for the subscription S00499023, I can create a cancellation quote with a cancellation date on 6/1/2016 (the accounting period is closed as well). 
Thank you for your help. 
Org: 00D6E000000D64e
Temporary access is granted.

Regards

Cancellation issue.PNGCancellation issue2.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Unable to create cancellation quote with a cancellation date set on a closed accounting period

@Carine,

I have checked the details in your ORG as provided in the ticket and details for same are as below:

When you create a quote, then a preview call is being made to Zuora to calculate the quote metrics.

The error indicates that the quote metrics are failed to calculate because the quote's Invoice Target Date falls into a Closed Accounting Period. Here are the scenarios in which the error can happen.

• Invoice Target Date is set to a date in a closed accounting period.
  • Invoice Target Date is blank. In this case it is set based on the value of Start Date and Calculate Quote Metrics Through field which cause the Invoice Target Date to fall into a closed accounting period.

In the reported scenario the Invoice Target Date is blank and Calculate Quote Metrics Through field is defined as End Of Term and for Cancellation Quote: End of Term Date = Cancelation Effective Date = 01/03/2017 in reported scenario, and Mar2017 accounting period is closed in your tenant.

To resolve the issue you can either

• Set Invoice Target Date to a date in an open accouting period
  • Change Calculate Quote Metrics Through field so Invoice Target Date would be in an open accounting period

Related KC article:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/M_Working_with_Quotes/F_Quote_Metrics

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √