Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Subscription preview date is showing the customers BCD and the subscription has other settings?

I have set up my subscription to have the billing date as the Subscription Start Date, but when I view the subscription preview it shows the next invoice date as the Customers Bill Cycle Date. Why is the Bill cycle date showing and not the subscription start date?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Staff

Re: Subscription preview date is showing the customers BCD and the subscription has other settings?

The Subscription preview date for the invoice date is always going to display as the customers bill cycle date. This is just a placeholder for the date. The actual invoice will pick up and billed based on the subscription settings in the rate plan charge. 

For example:

The subscription trigger settings billing date is set for : subscription start date which is 10th of the month and the customers bill cycle date is the 2nd. The preview will display with the 2nd as the invoice date but when the invoice is actually generated, the invoice will have the 10th as the invoice date.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √