Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Subscription name update

I need to change the name of a subscription I use for over a 100 clients in my monthly billing.

If I make the change, would it be reflected in my future invoices for he clients using that subscription?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Subscription name update

Updating the Product Rate Plan Charges in your product catalog does not proactively change the same existing charges in the Subscriptions.

In short, this is due to the subscription creation process: product rate plan charges added to subscriptions become SUBSCRIPTION rate plan charges and are no longer directly linked to their Product Catalog counterparts.

In order for you to make those changes you require, you would need to update the existing subscriptions by removing the existing rate plan charge and adding the newly 'renamed' rate plan charge via Subscription Amendments.

Here is a brief walkthrough on how you would do this:

1) I have an existing Subscription with rate plan charge "System test"

2) In you Product Catalog you will EDIT to rename your existing product rate plan charge from "System test" to "System test for menu items".

3) Next, on the subscription you will create an Add A Product) amendment to add the newly renamed product rate plan charge. Your subscription will now have 2 rate plan charges. NOTE: Make sure to note the Contract Effective date you are using for this step, you will need it for the next step.

4) Lastly, on the subscription you will create a Remove Product amendment to remove the original rate plan charge with the old naming convention. Be sure to use THE SAME contract effective date from the previous step- this is important to prevent any strange invoice prorations.

This process can be done manually as I explained above. You can use Mass Order Entry which lets you create multiple subscription amendments by uploading data in a comma-separated value (CSV) file containing subscription, account, and catalog data. Or, you may also accomplish this using API Calls.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √