Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Recurring Surcharge

Question: Is there a way to charge a Recurring Surcharge?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Recurring Surcharge

Answer:  Zuora currently does not have a way to automatically charge a Customer a surcharge. What our other customers do for now is apply a New Charge to support a surcharge fee.

Here are the steps they take:

Step 1) Batch Accounts that are on Credit Card as its Default Payment Method

Step 2) Create a Product that will handle the surcharge fee. This should be Discount charge, negative value, and Account level that will represent the surcharge fee.   

Step 3)  When the invoice is created, it will work as a reverse discount and charge the customer, as shown below.

Note: For subscriptions the Discount-Percentage there are 3 levels (Account, Subscription and RatePlan). Please set the Discount charge to the "Subscription" level. Add the surcharge fee product on a subscription.

v1.png

v2.png

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Recurring Surcharge

Answer:  Zuora currently does not have a way to automatically charge a Customer a surcharge. What our other customers do for now is apply a New Charge to support a surcharge fee.

Here are the steps they take:

Step 1) Batch Accounts that are on Credit Card as its Default Payment Method

Step 2) Create a Product that will handle the surcharge fee. This should be Discount charge, negative value, and Account level that will represent the surcharge fee.   

Step 3)  When the invoice is created, it will work as a reverse discount and charge the customer, as shown below.

Note: For subscriptions the Discount-Percentage there are 3 levels (Account, Subscription and RatePlan). Please set the Discount charge to the "Subscription" level. Add the surcharge fee product on a subscription.

v1.png

v2.png

View solution in original post

Tags (1)