Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Student

How to immediately cancel a subscription that already has a future dated cancel amendment?

Use case:

A subscription with a term start date of 4/20/2016 and a 12 months term was activated for a customer.

After a couple of months the customer calls and asks to cancel the subscription at the end of term,

as a result we created a future dated Cancellation amendment to take effect on the end of term 4/20/2017 (subscription status was changed to "Cancelled").

A month passes and the customer calls again, now he wants to cancel the subscriprion immediatly.

We tried to create an additional Cancellation amendment that is effective immedialty, but got this error back from Zuora (SOAP API):

"Only activated subscription can be cancelled."

How can we amend the cancellation date of a subscription that already has a future dated cancellation amendment?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: How to immediately cancel a subscription that already has a future dated cancel amendment?

Hi @drab , please delete the Cancellation amendment. This will revert the subscription to the previous (Active) version, then you'll be able to cancel again, providing the new cancellation date.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Student

Re: How to immediately cancel a subscription that already has a future dated cancel amendment?

But what if I'm interested in previewing this change before I actually apply it?

for example I need to know the DTCV before I actually decide to first delete the duture dated cancel amendment.

Highlighted
Support SME

@drab the delete() call does not support preview.

However after the deletion of the Cancel amendment is done, you can preview how your next Cancel would look like by using the example from our Knowledge Center:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/Amendment/Canc...)

If you're not satisfied with the results, you can always re-create the original cancel amendment, using the original details / dates.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √