Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Honor Student

How to identify subscriptions with remaining future charges and summarise them?

I've got subscriptions which are multiyear deals. Products are set up with annual charges.

There are some invoices which collect all the money in advance for the whole period of subscription and other which collect money for one year only.

I'm trying to find out and separate those subscriptions which haven't been fully charged yet.

I thought I would use some deferred revenue report but Zuora catches only those already prepaid in advance.

My only idea now is to go through all subscriptions one by one and compare the end of the subscription versus the end of all periods which have been already invoiced so far, but this would be very heavy. I hope there is a better and easier way to do it.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to identify subscriptions with remaining future charges and summarise them?

Hi Krzysztof,

I guess you could create your own custom report based on the Rate Plan Charge datasource. On the Rate Plan Charge you have a field called Charged Through Date which I guess it what you are looking for, i.e. it is the date until when the charge has been charged, e.g. invoice generated. Using this field with a filter that the date in the field should be in the passed you would be able to see which subscriptions have future charges.

Let me know if this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: How to identify subscriptions with remaining future charges and summarise them?

Hi Krzysztof,

I guess you could create your own custom report based on the Rate Plan Charge datasource. On the Rate Plan Charge you have a field called Charged Through Date which I guess it what you are looking for, i.e. it is the date until when the charge has been charged, e.g. invoice generated. Using this field with a filter that the date in the field should be in the passed you would be able to see which subscriptions have future charges.

Let me know if this helps

View solution in original post