Happy Business Starts Here

How to fix "The Contract effective date should not be earlier than the customer acceptance date of the previous amendment" when creating an Amendment?

Highlighted
Community Manager

How to fix "The Contract effective date should not be earlier than the customer acceptance date of the previous amendment" when creating an Amendment?

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: How to fix "The Contract effective date should not be earlier than the customer acceptance date of the previous amendment" when creating an Amendment?

Question or Problem Statement:
Running into below error when attempting to remove a product in an Amendment call

{"results":[{"errors":[{"code":{"value":"INVALID_VALUE"},"fieldSpecified":false,"codeSpecified":true,"messageSpecified":true,"field":null,"message":"The Contract effective date should not be earlier than the customer acceptance date of the previous amendment."}]\

Solution:

The "Amendment" as referred to in the error message is not referring to the last Amendment in chronicle order. Instead, it is referring to the Amendment where the Product that needs to be removed was added.

Please follow below steps to fix the issue:

1. Locate the Amendment where the Product needs to be removed were added

2. Check the the Customer Acceptance Date

3. Make sure the Contract Effective Date is later than the Customer Acceptance Date

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

Partner

Re: How to fix "The Contract effective date should not be earlier than the customer acceptance

what if, that amendment activation date is in the future, but we want to overide it with another amendment with an earlier date.
other amendments are applied to it for other charges

is there a way to overide the previous future dated amendment?

Zuora Support Moderator

Re: How to fix "The Contract effective date should not be earlier than the customer acceptance

@Dize - great question!

There are ways to amend a future-dated amendment to insert an amendment in between the original subscription and the future amendment, though it will depend on a few criteria including what type of future-dated amendment is in existence and what type of amendment you are attempting to create.

The chart below is taken from this Knowledge Center page -- which I would highly recommend for review of the details related:

amendmentgrid.PNG

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √