Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Honor Student

How to find the Zuora subscription is expired

How to find the Zuora subscription is expired?

• invalidated due to credit card payment failed.
  • User revoked credit card. credit card expired.
  • other vaiours cases.

• Does Zuora provide any callback API that can be called when user subscription expire.
5 REPLIES 5
Support SME

Re: How to find the Zuora subscription is expired

Hello @lsharma,

Please note that in Zuora terminology, an "expired" subscription simply means, that subscription has been amended, and it's not the latest version.

Please also note that subscriptions are not affected automatically by any payment failures or payment method expirations. A Subscription is considered active till you cancel it. Payment operations are handled on Customer Account level, and not on Subscription level.

Could you clarify what do you mean by "Does Zuora provide any callback API that can be called when user subscription expire."? We can indeed configure callouts that are triggered when a subscription is cancelled, more information can be found on: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BB_Introducing_Z_Business/Notifications/E_Configure_Callout_Notifi...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Honor Student

Thanks Viktor appreciate your qick response.

we are integrating our application with zuora subscription and billing, Once user compeleted the buying process, subsctipion is created to zuora system and user billed accourdingly.

1. As you mentioned subscription will only be canceled by our application. cutomer can not cancel it or no external event will cancel it. is this correct understanding.
  2. I am interested to know, the events like (Payment failed due to credit card expire, Payment stopped by customer or some other event.). So that our application will block user to access the resources.
  3. We need a way to find out the cutomer login to our Application has subscribed to zuora and their payment status is successful, and if some thing un sucessful like Payment Failure in zuora we can disallow user to application
Support SME

Hi @lsharma, I am still reviewing your request and will let you know my thoughts shortly.

Honor Student

Hi,

Any update on question

Support SME

My apologies for the belated response.

"As you mentioned subscription will only be canceled by our application. cutomer can not cancel it or no external event will cancel it. is this correct understanding."
Yes, cancelling a subscription is only possible by creating a Cancel amendment via API or the UI, it won't happen automatically (e.g. based on the number of failed payments). If you WANT the customer to be able to cancel their own subscription, you can develop a feature in your application that can actually send a SOAP call to Zuora to cancel the subscription in question

"I am interested to know, the events like (Payment failed due to credit card expire, Payment stopped by customer or some other event.). So that our application will block user to access the resources.
We need a way to find out the cutomer login to our Application has subscribed to zuora and their payment status is successful, and if some thing un sucessful like Payment Failure in zuora we can disallow user to application"

I can only design custom solutions for you on a high level, but here's something that could work (keep in mind, I don't know your application and how you integrate to Zuora, and we can provide only limited implementation advice on these boards):
- store your customer's login name in e.g. a custom field of the Account object
- when customer logs in, you execute a query() for said login name to get the Account ID
- by using the Account ID, you're able to check if there are Active subscriptions associated with the account, and check the statuses of the last payment transactions, or check the Payment Method's "failed payment attempt" counter.
- if a customer has an active subscription but for e.g. the last 3 payments all failed, you trigger a Cancel amendment for the subscription
- if your application can see an Account with Cancelled subscriptions only, then it can disable the user's access