Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

How to credit back a one time charge

Question: How can I get the credit back for the One-Time charge?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: How to credit back a one time charge

If you want to get the One-Time charge credited back, please refer the below details.

1. The first step would be to navigate to Billing Settings -> Define Billing Rules and make sure the rule "Enable credit back for removing or canceling one time charges?” Is set to YES.
  2. The service period of One-Time charge is just one day. 
  3. If you want the one-time charge to be credited back, then the product should be added and removed on same day.
Refer the below example.

We have a TERMED subscription with two charges the below information.
Initial Term: 12 Months
Renewal Term: 12 months
Activation Dates: 01/01/2019
Charge1: One-Time Charge
Charge2: Recurring Monthly charge

We performed the Bill Run for the above subscription with the target date 03/01/2019 and the invoice looks like as below.
Initial Invoice.png

Now if we created a Remove Product amendment on this subscription to remove the one-time charge with the activation dates as 01/01/2019. Zuora will give the Full credit for the One-time charge as this charge was added and removed on same date 01/01/2019. Refer the invoice as below.

Amendment1.png

Invoice2.png

But  if we created a Remove Product amendment on this subscription to remove the one-time charge with the activation dates as 01/02/2019 or any date other than 01/01/2019, Zuora will NOT give the Full credit for the One-time charge as this charge was added on 01/01/2019 and was not removed on same date. Refer the invoice as below.

Amendment2.png

And there was NO invoice generated to give the credit back for One-Time charge as we removed the charge with activation dates as 01/02/2019.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √