Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support Moderator

How to Mass Update Account Record Information in Zuora

Question:
How do I mass update (update in bulk) account record information in the Zuora UI?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: How to Mass Update Account Record Information in Zuora

Response:
There are two main parts to this process:
1) File Export and Clean-Up
2) Re-Import to update the record

In my example below, I am trying to find customers who belong in other batches and change them all to Batch 1.

Part 1: File Export and Clean-Up

• Click on "Customer Accounts" to get to the view with all your customers
  • On the right side under "Action," click on "Export Customer Accounts"
  • Click the "Export" button on the next screen
  • Click the file name when the export has completed so you can download the ZIP file.
  • Open the file and click on the file that starts with "Customer Accounts"
  • Save a copy of this file and use this as your working copy.
  • At this point, I would clean the file up and delete the lines and columns containing the following:
    • Delete all columns except Id (Column A) and Batch (Column L)
    • Sort by the Batch Column and delete all rows that = Batch 1 (since those won't need updating)
  • Now change the remaining data in the Batch column to Batch1
    • batch-change.png
  • Save the file. This will be what you use for the next step.

Part 2: Re-Import

• Go back to the "Customer Accounts" area in Zuora
  • Under "Action on the right side next to "Import," choose "Customer Accounts" from the drop down
  • Upload the file that you just cleaned up
  • You should be taken to a page verifying the results of your update.

Best Practice Advice:

• I would highly recommend doing a small test with about 5 records first to make sure they update as expected. If all goes well, then you can upload the remainder of the file.
  • You can use this method to also update Bill to and Sold to information en mass. The only difference will be the file you use to update (use the Contacts.csv from the zip file)

Savvy Scholar

Hi,

I have tried everything, exporting data, changing batches trying to reimport, error message. I tried again with the import template and changing batches, error message. I even tried creating my own csv file with the necessary data, still nothing. Am I missing something? I followed instructions posted on:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Subscription_Management/Customer_Accounts/A_Import_Customer_Acc...

I receive this message:

Customer Account Import Results
The import file failed validation rules and was not loaded. Please verify the file and content. The following errors are common:

- Incorrect import load file. We recommend that you always start with the latest import file template when loading data.

- Invalid column name. Please check the column names of your import file for typos, etc.

- Incompatible Mac CSV file. If using Excel on a Mac, be sure to "Save As..." CSV Windows

- Invalid CSV file format. Please use the Import template to generate your Import file.

- Microsoft .xls and .xlst formats are incompatible with the load process.

I ve trying everything but no luck. It would be very helpful as at the moment I have to change around 200 customer batches per week. And manually is really time-consuming.

Am I missing something?

Regards
Zuora Support Moderator

@trevorvogt -- Sorry to hear you're running into some issues!

Let me try to understand what you're trying to do...

Are you essentially changing customers from one batch to another and getting that error?

If so, can you let me know what value you're putting in the Batch column? Make sure that it says Batch1 or Batch 2, etc. There should be no space between the two. Also, check that there is no trailing space behind the number.

If that isn't the issue, can you send me a private message and we can talk more specifically about your case? I'm curious to see what your file looks like.

Zuora Support Moderator

After working with @trevorvogt, we figured out what the issue was.

The delimiter in the file needs to be commas (,). Using other delimiters will keep the file from being formatted properly.

Once we did that, it works! Smiley Very Happy