Happy Business Starts Here

How do I mass update the Communication Profile for Customer Accounts?

Community Manager

How do I mass update the Communication Profile for Customer Accounts?

See Reply

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: How do I mass update the Communication Profile for Customer Accounts?

Question or Problem Statement:

How do I mass update the Communication Profile for customer accounts in Zuora? I tried using Customer Account import feature available in the Zuora UI to update the communication profile but cannot find a field for communication profile. 

Solution:

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the Customer Account import feature doesn't support updating or change the Communication Profile ID. You may refer to Importing Customer Accounts in our Knowledge Center for the columns and fields supported in the import feature.

To update Communication Profile of large amount of Customer Accounts, the suggested approach is to use Update() SOAP API call.

The steps to update Communication Profile are:

1.Query CommunicationProfile object with below query to get the profile name and ID:

<ns1:query>
 <ns1:queryString>select Id,CreatedById,CreatedDate,Description,ProfileName,UpdatedById,UpdatedDate from CommunicationProfile</ns1:queryString>
</ns1:query>

2.Use Customer Accounts export feature to export a list of Customer Account with ID;

3.Use Update() API calls to update CommunicationProfileId field on Customer Account object, sample code below:

<ns1:update>
<ns1:zObjects xsi:type="ns2:Account">
<ns2:Id>2c92a0f941cc6e650141dc2929d9112a</ns2:Id>
 <ns2:CommunicationProfileId>4028e488328a650d01329094fdfb034a</ns2:CommunicationProfileId>
 </ns1:zObjects>
 </ns1:update>

You can pass 50 zObjects in one single Update() call and update the Communication Profile and Invoice Template at the same time, meaning you can update 50 Accounts in one call.

Supporting References:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/Communication_...

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

Is there a report that will tell me which accounts have the silent communication profile? That field isn't on the accounts data exports and we have several that may be set to silent in error...thanks!

Zuora Support Moderator

Hello @TessaGraziano, you can use the following Data Source Export (available in the bottom left corner of any Zuora screen) to check the configured communication profiles for accounts:

commprof.JPG

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Support Moderator

Hi @TessaGraziano

I believe Zuora stores only the 32-character communication id value for each account.  So, to answer your question, there isn't a specific report for this but each id value will remain the same accross your accounts (ie, "Silent" all having the same 32-character ID).  With this in mind, you can export all Accounts with CommunicationProfileId and map them to known profiles.  Once that is determined, you can use SOAP update() API to modify Account object's CommunicationProfileId to whatever you wish (Silent, Default, etc).

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Thank you @Viktor and @scottb! I had seen the ID before but didn't know how it related to the actual profile names until now. Thanks again, I found several we had marked Silent in error Smiley Happy

New Student

Hi, 

i am looking to update the invoice template the same way as mentioned. If i am to follow the solution given here, how do i go about writing a query if i want to input 50 account ids which need to be updated? 

Tutor

You can pass 50 zObjects in one single Update() call and update the Communication Profile and Invoice Template at the same time, meaning you can update 50 Accounts in one call.

What object are you querying for Invoice Templates? I can't find any documentation on this.