Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Email Regex

Highlighted
New Student

Email Regex

Is it possible to get the regex expression or validation function that is used to verify if an email is valid or not.

According to RFC  "!def!xyz%abc@example.com" is a valid email, however Zuora says it's NOT Valid. 

I need to know regex / validation function that Zuora uses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Student

Talking with support, they said they could not share what email validation rules they use because of their security policy. If anyone is reading this, you could easily figure out what types of emails are considered valid according to Zuora. I think most standard emails are accepted but once you get into special characters, that's where things slightly differ. All in all, your better left implementing an email validation standard that aligns with other validation rules you can find online.

9 out of 10 you'll be fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Guru

@doyeli Is there anyone in Zuora who can answer this?

Maggie Longshore
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi @MaggieL let me reach out to my internal team to respond back to this post

Thank you

Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
New Student

Hello,

Any update on this question? Our team needs to understand what validation rules are used. That is, what regex is used for email validation.

Zuora has a stricter policy than most other services.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

I am also interested in knowing what regex is done for email validation.

Highlighted
New Student

Talking with support, they said they could not share what email validation rules they use because of their security policy. If anyone is reading this, you could easily figure out what types of emails are considered valid according to Zuora. I think most standard emails are accepted but once you get into special characters, that's where things slightly differ. All in all, your better left implementing an email validation standard that aligns with other validation rules you can find online.

9 out of 10 you'll be fine.

View solution in original post