Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME

Difference Between Expired Vs. Cancelled Subscription Status

What is the difference between Expired and Cancelled Subscription statuses?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Support SME

Re: Difference Between Expired Vs. Cancelled Subscription Status

Expired: The Expired status does not indicate that a subscription has ended. In Zuora, the Expired status is used to identify old versions of a subscription. When you create a Subscription Amendment, you create a new version of the subscription. The subscription information is copied to the new version and the Subscription detail page lets you view all previous versions of the subscription. The status of the previous versions is Expired. Regardless of dates, the previous versions of the subscription will always be Expired and the latest will be 'Active', 'Cancelled' or 'Suspended' (depending on the type of the amendment made).

Cancelled: During the subscription term, a customer may decide to discontinue their subscription to your company's services. This customer might want to cancel their subscription effective immediately, on a specific date, or at the end of the current term. To stop billing a customer account, you can cancel the subscription entirely. You can cancel active subscriptions and cancelling a subscription preserves the historical data.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Re: Difference Between Expired Vs. Cancelled Subscription Status

When pulling a Subscription data source, what field would I select to report on the "Expired Date?"

"Cancelled Date" is an option but, not "Expired Date."