Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME

Delete all customer accounts from our Zuora tenant

We want to delete all of our customer accounts from our sandbox environment. This includes all of their subscriptions, invoices, revenues, etc. Basically everything except for our product catalog and tenant settings.

We ran into some validation errors while trying to do so. We have not had problems with deleting customer accounts before, but when we tried to delete the accounts, we encountered the following error:

"Before delete this customer account, you must delete all subscriptions which invoice to this account."

We have tried deleting the subscriptions for all of the accounts, but a multitude of errors occur based on what we try, with the most common error text being:

"This version of the subscription cannot be deleted since invoicing has already occurred past the end of the previous version of the subscription."

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Delete all customer accounts from our Zuora tenant

In regards to the first error: "Before delete this customer account, you must delete all subscriptions which invoice to this account.":

The current design is that whenever there is an attempt to delete a billing account, the process will ONLY delete subscriptions owned by the said billing account. If there are subscriptions invoiced in this billing account but is owned by another account, the process to delete the billing account is not supported.

To be able to delete the account, please make sure that all subscriptions have the same "Subscription Owner" and "Invoice Owner" by performing an invoice/ subscription owner amendment.

The basic roadmap to deleting data is as follows (starting Left to Right):
Invoice Item Adjustments > Refunds/Payments > Invoices (bill run if applicable) > Amendments > Subscription > Customer Account

Please note that the above is a basic process tree on how to delete data and in what order. There are caveats to this but are handled on a case-by-case basis. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √