Happy Business Starts Here

Cancelled subscription still being invoice

Zuora Alumni

Cancelled subscription still being invoice

Question: I have a cancelled subscription in May 2015.   Why am still able to invoice it today(2017)?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zuora Alumni

Re: Cancelled subscription still being invoice

Answer: You still have open service period from Jan 2015 to May 2015.   Zuora still recognize any service period before the cancellation date as still open.  That is the reason why you can still invoice them.   

If you were to try to invoice after May 2015, then there would be no invoice.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Zuora Alumni

Answer: You still have open service period from Jan 2015 to May 2015.   Zuora still recognize any service period before the cancellation date as still open.  That is the reason why you can still invoice them.   

If you were to try to invoice after May 2015, then there would be no invoice.

View solution in original post

Advanced Tutor

HI Zuora Team , 

I have few questions please clarify it . 

i)I have created a subscription dated on 2021-01-01 with the term period of 1 month [2021-01-01 ~ 2021-01-31].Here the Subscription version is 1 and in Active status .

ii)After its completion, I have renewed it on 2021-02-01 with the term period of 2 [2021-02-01 ~ 2021-03-31] . Here the Subscription version is 2 and in Active status .The previous version changed to Expired.

iii) Again after a month i tried to cancel it on 2021-03-01 with the futured cancel_date = 2021-04-01 . In this case the subscription with version 3 is created with cancelled status . and previous version updated as Expired.

Query-1: My question is since the cancel date have given in futured date . why the 3rd version of subscription is created with cancelled status . as per my understanding if we give futured date then it should be in active status , once the cancel date reached then only the status should be 'Cancelled'.

Query-2 : if in this case how can we raise bill for Subscription version 2 . since it is expired due to new amendment[version-3 cancel]. But user have utilized the service for the period of [2021-02-01 ~ 2021-02-28]. if we were not raised the bill then it would be false business. 

Kindly clarify my queries . Thanks in advance .