Happy Business Starts Here

Student

Best Way to Mass Update of Subscriptions with Different Products/QTYs

Hello - 

We are looking for the best way to do a mass update subscrpitons. Each subscpritions that needs updated may be different and may only have one change or multiple changes. 

For example on one subscrption we may need to remove a product entirely and another we may just need to update the QTY. 

What is the best way to do this? Any help in the right direction would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Zuora Support

Re: Best Way to Mass Update of Subscriptions with Different Products/QTYs

Greeting - You can use our Mass Order Entry feature to mass create amendments.  You can construct different amendments for each subscription.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Advanced Tutor

Hi,

i took a ok a look at the Knowledge Center page and the example file. If I wanted to decrease the qty of a product from 100 to 25, I think Order Type would be "Update a product". What value would go into "Quantity"? Would it be the new value of 25 or would it be  -75 to indicate that I'm decreasing the Quantity of that product by seventy five units. Thanks!

Advanced Tutor

Also, can this same Mass Order Entry be used to perform credits assuming we have the credit products built?

Zuora Staff

The Mass Order tool can be used to add products (i.e. credit products) to a subscription as an amendment.

Zuora Staff

You would add a QTY of 25. The update product amendment looks for the value you want to update the charge to and not the QTY you want to remove.

Advanced Tutor

For the non-required fields such as Price, Accounting Code, and Revenue Recognition Code, do I need to re-state the existing values in the file I create for the Mass Order Entry or will the existing values stay with the subscription if I leave it blank? So, in my example of reducing the quantity from 100 to 25, do I need to fill in the existing Price, accounting code and revenue recognition code, or can I leave that blank as long as there is no change to the existing values?

Thanks!

Student

So I have attempted to use this template but am getting this error when I upload - 

2016-05-19 05:08:38.407  5:08:38 PDT,Import begin
2016-05-19 05:08:38.499  5:08:38 PDT,Failure import line #2 to line #2, Cause by:Line #2: Mismatched Charges Count.
2016-05-19 05:08:38.502  5:08:38 PDT,Import end

I am trying to change the QTY of the item I have seleted from 1 to 4. Do you know what could be causing the above error?

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

@fenestra This could be due formatting related to a few of your fields. 

I often encounter this when I have a Rate Plan Charge I'm trying to update, but the Rate Plan that this charge is associated with has multiple charges. It may be due to the "Prev" missing in one of the columns.

I've attached one example from my personal sandbox where I'm trying to update the price and quantity for one of the three available charges on a rate plan.

Hopefully this example provides some guidance. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Staff

@dmark You only need to provide the fields that you want to change.