Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Adding a month to the end of a subscription for each client referral

kheckler
Honor Student

Adding a month to the end of a subscription for each client referral

We are looking to add a month to the end of our client's subscriptions each time they refer a new client that purchases a subscription. 

There are multiple solutions for adding a free month (free trial) at the beginning of the subscription but we have not found anything for adding a month at the end of a subscription.

Has anyone had experience with this or best practices for this type of product/amendment and adding them to subscriptions?

1 REPLY 1
perswardh
Guru

Re: Adding a month to the end of a subscription for each client referral

Hi kheckler,

We had the similar question when we did our proof of concept for the implementaiton of Zuora and as I recall they do not have any solution for this.

But I found that if you first do a update of the Terms and Condition and add another month to the term, keeping the same term start date and additionally set the trigger dates of the amedment as of the order date. Then you add another amendment for a discount product that gives 100% discount for 1 month and set the trigger date for the amendment to be the first day of the added term period you get the behavior you wish for. You need to do it in two amendments since you need two different trigger dates.

If you find my answer to solve your problem, please mark it as the solution.