Happy Business Starts Here

Subscription Term End Date is one day off - should be corrected

Today the Subscription Term End Date shows what is really the "Renewal Date" for a contract. It should be one day less, to be an accurate Subscription Term End Date.

is this a setting that can be toggled to correct this, is this a bug, or is it a semantic difference here?

6 Comments
Community Manager
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed

Honor Student

We are displaying both the Subscription Term Date as well as the Invoice Item Service Period on our invoices. Unfortunately, these dates do not agree.  The Subscription Term End Date is always one day later than the Service Period End Date.

For example, if the Service Period is between 1/1/2016 and 12/31/2016, the Subscription Term End Date will be 2/1/2017.  This is very confusing and causes endless questions from our customers.  Their subscription actually ends on 12/31/2016 at 23:59:59 but they think it ends on 1/1/2017 due to the way it is displayed on the Invoice.

Zuora Product Team
Zuora Product Team

Today, the Zuora Subscription Term End Date is set to the first date that the subscription has ended.  I agree that this can be sometimes confusing and I'll update again once we have a plan to address this.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Savvy Scholar

Glad to see this is under consideration. We look forward to when this will be addressed. The end date of a subscription in our world is the day before the renewal date. As a result, Zuora's Subscription end date is causing great confusion for our Sales and Services. Let me know if you need more information from me.

Savvy Scholar

After some additional feedback, what we are looking for is a last day of service (last day before expiration date) type field that would show on the order form and be used by Sales and Services to communicate last day before expiration to the customer. This is common practice across SaaS vendors and would expect this type of data to come from Zuora Subscriptions. Thank you for this consideration.