Zuora-Support Community Manager

Community Manager

'Expired' Subscriptions should display the status as 'expired'

by Community Manager on ‎01-13-2016 11:26 AM

The subscriptions that are not renewed ( either manual or auto) on the renewal due date should be marked as 'expired' once the renewal due date is past.

Currently, it continues to be displayed as 'Active' which is misleading.

We will be adding this capability, but it will not be coming within the next few quarters.

Comments
Zuora-Support Community Manager

Community Manager

by Community Manager
on ‎01-13-2016 11:32 AM
Status changed to: Unlikely

Jamie Scholar

Scholar

by Scholar Jamie
on ‎03-16-2016 03:54 PM
Can someone at Zuora provide a reason behind that status classification of "unlikely"?
Lei Z-Product Team

Z-Product Team

by Z-Product Team
on ‎03-16-2016 04:00 PM

Not sure why it's changed to unlikely.

This is something we are considering adding.  It's a new concept than the current subscription status, which doesn't change as dates pass.  This is a new concept that shows you the status of a subscription as of a certain date (and most importantly, as of today).

I'll change this to Under Consideration.

Lei Z-Product Team

Z-Product Team

by Z-Product Team
on ‎03-16-2016 04:00 PM
Status changed to: Under Consideration

jmcallister New Student

New Student

by New Student jmcallister
on ‎04-22-2016 07:42 AM

As amendments are made to subscription, new versions of the subscription are created, and the status of old versions is "Expired".  While I agree with the main goal of the request in this ticket, a subscription that has it's end period lapsed should hae a unique status that is distinguishable from a previous version.  "Term Expired" or something like that.

IspitaSaha New Student

New Student

by New Student IspitaSaha
on ‎06-13-2016 12:24 AM

I am bit confused here . Isnt the subscription which is not renewed and is past renewal dats has a status set to -"Out of Subscription"

Can someone please guide or am I missing something...

IspitaSaha New Student

New Student

by New Student IspitaSaha
on ‎06-13-2016 12:29 AM

I am of the understanding if a subscription is not renewed past its renewal date - The status of the subscription is marked as- Out of Subscription

Isnt that in conflict with the above statement or am I missing something..

Please respond.

Lei Z-Product Team

Z-Product Team

by Z-Product Team
on ‎06-13-2016 09:55 AM

I agree this is confusing.

Every time you do an amendment against a subscription, we create a new version of the subscription and label the existing version Expired.

Now, for the most recent version of the subscription, its status does not change as the days pass.  So it will not become "out of subscription" when the day passes the end date of the subscription term.  It always refers to the latest status of the subscription during the term.

We are adding a timeline status feature (both UI and API) that will show you as of any day, the status of the current unexpired subscription.  That's coming in the next few months.

ChrisL-W Student

Student

by Student ChrisL-W
on ‎06-24-2016 04:08 AM

+1 for this feature. It is difficult when viewing a subscription to quickly work out if its renewal date has passed. This would really help.

Lei Z-Product Team

Z-Product Team

by Z-Product Team
on ‎12-02-2016 01:46 PM
Status changed to: Unlikely

We will be adding this capability, but it will not be coming within the next few quarters.