Happy Business Starts Here

'Expired' Subscriptions should display the status as 'expired'

The subscriptions that are not renewed ( either manual or auto) on the renewal due date should be marked as 'expired' once the renewal due date is past.

Currently, it continues to be displayed as 'Active' which is misleading.

18 Comments
Scholar sae
Scholar

This would be very helpful as we both have one-time/ consultancy subscriptions (which is always one-time and shouldn't be active at all except to produce the one time invoice), test license subscriptions with an end date and no auto renew, and evergreen license subscriptions that should have status active until they are deliberately cancelled. So that all subscriptions have status active is confusing in separating them.

Also, our one-time consultancy subscriptions always get a one month term, which is confusing to our customers on their invoice. Can the initial term be 0?

Tutor

i would think this would be a no-brainer to fix ASAP. how can anyone keep track of subscriptions that were not renewed.  You'd want to be able to know that these have now expired. with out a renewal action. 

Tutor

I would expect a subscription that has exceeded its end date to automatically be set to an expired status.

I do not want to be manually checking / reporting / updating to ensure my subscription statuses are kept updated.

Is there any further update as to when this basic functionality will be added?

Scholar

This would be helpful for us as well, we have many upfront hardware charges that are one-time only, along with shipping, which all continue to show active indefinitely.  Having them flip to expired would make things far easier for us to track.

Scholar

Most Zuora customers are having to jump through hoops to keep their reporting correct. What would it really take to add this status?? It should not be that complicated.

Scholar

is it still planned?

Student

This came as a surprise to us that subscriptions which are past date never come to an Expired status. Can you please share us when it would be fixed? We would appreciate if we can get a time line.

As the previous user said, it should be  no-brainer fix. Why are we taking so long to fix it? 

Scholar

@Zuora-Support is it still planned?