Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Ability to preview an existing subscription past end of current term

Ability to preview an existing subscription past end of current term

Ability to preview an existing subscription past end of current term.

Current preview API does not allow preview past end of term.  This is not helpful where an annual subscription with an annual charge (i.e. where term equals charge period)  has already been billed and it is not possible to preview the following invoice amount.

7 Comments
Community Manager
Status changed to: More Feedback Needed

Newly Enrolled sk
Newly Enrolled

Please let me know how I can help with more feedback.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Student

Our business has recently moved to auto-renewing termed subscriptions to make use of the Automatic Price Update options in Zuora, but have run into this issue where we can no longer preview past the end date of the current term. (our charge duration is the same as the term duration)

The ability to do so was of great use when subscriptions were being changed, to see the difference between the invoice that had the changes, then all the following invoices with the new normal price.

I would love to see the ability to preview past the end of the term, at least for auto-renewing subscriptions.

Is there any other way that we can look ahead to invoices after the term end date, so we can use that in the mean time?

(We use this Preview Invoice through the Zuora UI, when viewing a subscription)

Cheers

Zuora Product Team
Zuora Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Zuora Product Team
Zuora Product Team

JUnleashed, would you be able to create a draft Renew Amendment and then do an amendment preview?

Student

Thanks Lei, that does give us the ability to preview the next billing cycle if we need to.

Cheers