[Local Tips] Getting to the Marriott Marquis
Bay Area traffic is bad...period. So if you’re not from the area, here are some tips to help make your life easier getting to the venue from the airport.
780 Mission Street, San Francisco, California 94103 USA
Arriving from OAK/SFO?
Since the hotel doesn’t provide a shuttle service, I suggest taking our subway called “BART” (Bay Area Rapid Transit) during peak rush hour vs. Uber or a taxi, which can be costly and time consuming depending on traffic.
The hotel is half a block from the Powell BART Station; literally around the corner from the station.
Estimated cost from airports (one way)
- $45-60 USD taxi
- $4-10 BART (~20 mins)
- Leaving the airports, follow the signs toward BART.
- TIP: When you know you’re walking in the right direction, follow people
- OAK airport: You will need to take a shuttle to the BART station.
- Purchase a BART ticket at the “BART TICKETS” kiosk (image) on the wall of the station.
- Get on the BART train (adjust times according to your schedule). BART system map
- From OAK: Google Directions (the “beige” line is the shuttle from OAK to BART).
- From SFO: Google Directions
- At Powell Street station, take the MARKET AND 4TH STREET exit. There will be signs. Here is a map of the Powell BART station.
Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne