Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

Seeking the Next Scott Kelly for Subscribed '17!

Last year, we were honored to have Scott Kelly, American astronaut and veteran of four space flights as our guest keynote at at Subscribed '16. We know that Commander Kelly is a tough act to follow, but if you could see anyone as our guest keynote this year, who would it be?

From Malala Yousafzai who is fighting for global education to Elon Musk who is re-inventing the world, we're looking someone who's passionate and is leading a cause that is changing the world - it could be champions in medicine, the environment or geographically.

We want to hear your suggestions!

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Seeking the Next Scott Kelly for Subscribed '17!

I would love to see a female motivational speaker, such as one of these amazing women like Tan Le!!

Marlene Summers | Zuora, Inc.
Vice President, Customer Support Services & Community
Zuora Alumni

1. Malala yousafzai

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Sheryl Sandberg.  Her TED talk was great: Why we have too few women leaders.  I think she would be amazing!

Zuora Alumni

ELLIE YIEH: CORPORATE VICE PRESIDENT, ADVANCED PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT, APPLIED MATERIALS

Ellie Yieh is corporate vice president for Advanced Product Technology Development at Applied Materials, Inc. She is responsible for the technical and operational excellence of the company’s state-of-the-art Maydan Technology Center R&D lab and works closely with customers and business units to drive advanced product development and technology roadmaps.

Having joined Applied in 1989 as a process engineer in the Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) group, Ms. Yieh has headed several successful product developments over her 20-plus years with the company. She has held a variety of positions including product unit head of the Low k Dielectric Division and general manager of the Gap Fill, Etch, and Dielectric System and Modules business units. She has led her teams to deliver significant profitability and market share growth, build strong customer relationships, and develop industry standard technologies. In addition, Ms. Yieh is the executive sponsor for the Women’s Professional Development Network, Applied’s largest Employee Resource Group, with over 300 employees.

or

KIMBERLY BRYANT: FOUNDER & EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, BLACK GIRLS CODE

Kimberly Bryant is the Founder and Executive Director of Black Girls CODE, a non-profit organization dedicated to “changing the face of technology” by introducing girls of color (ages 7-17) to the field of technology and computer science with a concentration on entrepreneurial concepts.

Ms. Bryant has enjoyed a successful 25+ year professional career in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries as an Engineering Manager in a series of technical leadership roles for various Fortune 100 companies such as Genentech, Merck, and Pfizer. Since 2011, she has enabled Black Girls CODE to grow from a local organization serving only the Bay Area, to an international organization with seven chapters across the U.S. and in Johannesburg, South Africa. Black Girls CODE has currently reached over 3000 students and continues to grow and thrive.

Zuora Staff

Amal Clooney

Donald Glover (Childish Gambino)

Aziz Ansari (His cousin used to work at Optimizely)

Bono

Phil Knight

Zuora Staff

Kevin Kelly, the Wired founder and futurist author.   No relationship to Scott Kelly (I don't think so, anyway...)

Zuora Staff

Bozoma Saint John (Boz) - Head of Global Marketing for Apple Music (subscription angle), she's been named one of Billboard's top 100 execs.

http://xonecole.com/bozoma-saint-john-why-this-apple-music-exec-is-a-badass-boss/

Here she is discussing workplace diversity:

https://youtu.be/p49m9_bf-w4

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √