Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

Group Introductions!

This group is for anyone interested in Subscribed '17 and is a great way to connect with each other before the big event...so let's get started with introductions!

Some ideas to share in your intro:

• Where are you located? Tell us more about yourself!
  • How many Subscribed conferences have you attended?  If you've attended Subscribed before, share something that stuck with you.
  • What are you looking forward to at this year's Subscribed?

See you all soon!

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
13 REPLIES 13
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Group Introductions!

Hello Everyone!!!

I reside in the East Bay. This will be my SECOND Subscribed. My first Subscribed experience was very enriching and I look forward to further expanding my knowledge and seeing the progression from last year to this year as well as continuing to network and connect with our customers.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Staff

Hello Awesome Z-users!!

My name is Monique Romero, I live in San Jose and work at Zuora HQ in San Mateo. I loooove working with Finance and Revenue questions/issues.

I am excited to be attending my 2nd Subscribed Event and meet all of you in person and put a friendly voice to a smiling face.

If you have any questions about Finance and Revenue, I'll be more than happy to answer your questions Smiley Happy

Hope to see you there!

Zuora Alumni

Group Introductions

Hello, 

I'm from the San Bruno / South San Francisco area, and this will be my first Subscribed, and I'm very excited. I look forward to meeting and networking with our customers.

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi all!

My name is Rakesh Dutt but I'm know by most as Rak pronounced "Rock". I'm from the East Bay Area but work in the San Mateo office. This will be my first Subscribed event. I look forward to meeting new users and learning what I can from the Subscribed event!

Guru

My name is Erin Havens and I work for iSqFt, Inc. (dba ConstructConnect).  We are located in Cincinnati, Ohio.  I'm my company's Financial System's Administrator.  I'm responsible for all the different platforms the financial department uses like Zuora, Avalara, and Vantiv.  I work closely with our Salesforce administrator and two developers on the integration between the Zuora and Salesforce.

We have been customers since April 2013 and this will be my 3 Subscribe.  I'm looking forward to hearing about all the new improvements with Zuora for Salesforce.

I'm also looking forward to going back to some restaurants!

Community Manager

Hi @ehavens

First off, thanks for all of your contributions here in the Community. It'll be fun to meet you in person!

What restaurants are you hoping to revisit?  I must admit that even though I'm a Bay Area native, I seldom go to San Francisco so I'd love to have a bunch of places to try while I'm at the event.

Lana

"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
Guru

@Lana It'll be good to see everyone in pesrson too!

I'm looking forward to going back to Sotto Mare.  I have some poker chips for free beer at the bar next door I need to cash in (hope they are still good).

I heard about 2 new places that sounded interesting and thought I'd check them out if I could, Zante Pizza & Indian Cuisine (kinda far away from hotel...30 minute bus ride!) and Hang Ah Dim Sum Tea House.

Have you heard any any or been to any?

Community Manager

@ehavens 

Hm... I think I've heard of Sotta Mare - that's around North Beach right? I've gotta check that place out!  I always get tempted by the Italian restaurants in that area, haha!  I love bread too much Smiley Sad

Zante Pizza & Indian Cuisine sounds pretty interesting.  There's a place where I live now in the East Bay that's like that - they serve Indian pizza and burgers and it's actually pretty good!  At the place where I've been, they season the fries with Indian spices (not sure which ones) and so they've got a different kick to them.  

To get there - avoid taking a car ride because traffic is terrible in our area! Instead, you could easily hop on BART (http://www.bart.gov/) at Powell Street Station (across from the hotel inside the Westfield Mall) and then get off at either 24th and Mission or Glen Park station and walk there - it should be around a $2 ride and take you around 5-7 mins on a weekday schedule and then you can walk there.  If I wasn't so busy with the community booth, I'd probably join you Smiley Tongue

You can never go wrong with Dim Sum in SF Chinatown Smiley Happy   If you like egg tarts, check out Golden Gate Bakery. There's always a line outside of the door for their pastries, but they're quite yummy and fresh.

New Student

Hi All!  I'm Tim and I lead Operations at Branch Metrics, a Palo Alto based mobile technology start up. This is my first Subscribed. My Billing Ops Manager and I will be attending. We're excited to meet other folks and have a little fun in the city!