Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Guru

Tenant Merging

Has anyone attempted to merge two tenants before?  We have a subsidiary that we are going to be rolling up under our main business and I am trying to wrap my head around this still.  Looking for any tips if you  have them.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Zuora Product Team

Re: Tenant Merging

@rjohnson, will the subsidiary continue to be administered separate? I.e. run it's own billing runs, accounting period close, and have it's own admin staff?

Or do you plan to administer it together with the main business?

The reason I ask is because if it's the former, you may want to consider Multi-Entity as an option. It does provide some nice benefits around separation of operations, while still allowing a single-sign-on experience and sharing of accounting periods as well as select products for cross-sell purposes.

In either case, you'd be migrating over data from the subsidiary into either your current Zuora tenant or the new entity created under Multi-Entity.

Highlighted
Guru

Hi @lukasz, thank you so much for responding.  It will all be administered under my tenant.  We will migrate them over to our packages in their tenant and then move them into our tenant.  Will we be able to migrate the payment information over?  That is the biggest concern at this point, they dont want to have to reach over to all of their customers.

Highlighted
Zuora Product Team

Got it, yes, sounds like you'll be migrating over everything to your existing tenant. Although it should be relatively straightforward to import customers and the current state of their subscriptions, you'll want to take special care with any future dated amendments, and with setting trigger dates, so that no customer is billed twice (once from the old tenant, and again from the new one). Lastly, Payment Method information, like Credit Cards, need extra special care, but, again, we can help you here with PCI-compliant transfer between the tenants. When you're ready, please reach out to our support team to schedule a consultation with our services team, either to help you with the Payment Method transfer, or the entire task of migration.