In an existing report layout, how can I make more fields available in the report filter in order to better filter the transactions that should be included in a report?
Solved! Go to Solution.
The fields used in the report filter for all existing report layouts cannot be modified. To add more fields to the filter or remove some fields from the filter, you enable or disable the field in the Filters tab based on the existing layout. Then, you make a copy of the existing layout. The fields you just enabled in the Filters tab are present for the new layout.
Step-by-step instructions are as follows:
- Navigate to Reports > Run Reports.
- Locate the target report and click Edit Report. The Edit Report window is displayed and all the existing layouts for the current report are listed in the Layouts tab.
- In the Layouts tab, click the existing layout for which you want to adjust the filter fields. The selected layout is highlighted in green.
- Click the Fields tab. The fields that are enabled in the current filter are indicated by the Filters Enabled column.
- Use the Filters Enabled column to make adjustments to the fields available in the report filter and then click the Save changes icon . A message is displayed indicating that the changes have been saved.
- Go back to the Layouts tab.
- Hover your mouse on existing layout line that you clicked in Step 3 and then click the Copy icon .
- Click OK to confirm the copy operation in the pop-up window.
- In the Copy Layout window, provide a name for the new layout and then click Copy.
A new layout is created based on the existing report layout. When you run reports based on the new layout, the fields that you selected in Step 5 will be displayed to specify the filter criteria.