Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
RevPro Support

CM stuck in the staging with an error message CM AMOUNT IS MORE THAN INVOICE AMOUNT

Why CM line stuck in the staging with an error message CM AMOUNT IS MORE THAN INVOICE AMOUNT?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
RevPro Support

Re: CM stuck in the staging with an error message CM AMOUNT IS MORE THAN INVOICE AMOUNT

There is a validation in the system as part of the batch collection process to stop the CM-C or CM-R transactions when they are collected for an amount which is greater than the corresponding Invoice. Below discussed are the different scenario.

Scenario1:

• SO & Invoice were already collected into RevPro with Ext Sell Price as $1000
  • Later, a CM-C collected with Ext Sell Price -$1000 to cancel the collected invoice

If the system receives another CM-C referring to the same invoice line then the system stops the line in the stage itself by stamping an error message CM AMOUNT IS MORE THAN INVOICE AMOUNT as there is no remaining amount in the Invoice line to be canceled.

TYPE

SO NUM

SO LINE NUM

SO LINE ID

INVOICE LINE ID

ORIG INV LINE ID

EXT SELL PRICE

DEF AMT

REC AMT

INV

SO123

SO123-1

INV123

CM-C

SO123

SO123-1

CM123

INV123

Scenario2:

• SO & Invoice were already collected into RevPro with Ext Sell Price as $1000
  • Later, a CM-C collected with Ext Sell Price -$1200 to cancel the collected invoice

The system stops the CM-C in the stage itself by stamping an error message CM AMOUNT IS MORE THAN INVOICE AMOUNT as CM-C has a value which is higher than the Invoice.

TYPE

SO NUM

SO LINE NUM

SO LINE ID

INVOICE LINE ID

ORIG INV LINE ID

EXT SELL PRICE

DEF AMT

REC AMT

INV

SO123

SO123-1

INV123

Scenario3:

• SO & Invoice were already collected into RevPro with Extended Sell Price as $1000
  • Later, a CM-R is collected with an Ext Sell Price of -$500 referring to the same invoice. Now, the system reduces the Allocatable Ext Price to $500 on the SO line and reverses the revenue of $500 on the invoice.
  • Again, a CM-C is collected with an Ext Sell Price of -$1000 referring to the same invoice. This time, the system stops the line in the stage itself with an error message CM AMOUNT IS MORE THAN INVOICE AMOUNT as the remaining amount in the invoice to be canceled is $500.

TYPE

SO NUM

SO LINE NUM

SO LINE ID

INVOICE LINE ID

ORIG INV LINE ID

EXT SELL PRICE

ERROR MESSAGE

CM-C

SO123

SO123-1

CM125