A closer look at RevPro Log Retention Program
The purpose of this article is to provide a quick overview on RevPro Log Retention Program along with the steps on “how to” schedule/run this program.
Concurrent Program Name: RevPro3.0 Log Retention
This program helps to completely clean up (truncate) the log records in RPRO_LOG_ACT_G table.
If truncate option is not preferred, then this program can also help to
- retain log records created in the last X number of days (and/or)
- retain log records related to a specified Revenue Contract (and/or)
- retain the log records which were created when the log level was “n” [n ranges from 0 to 20]
and purge the remaining records. Below screen print depicts the program definition in RevPro and RPRO_LOG_PURGE_PKG.CLEAR_LOG_DATA is the procedure runs in the background if the program is submitted through the UI.
Did you know: RPRO_LOG_ACT_G is a database table which stores the system logs, written by various programs which are running within the RevPro. It also captures the log information related to any activities performed by a user through the GUI. RevPro provides a flexibility to set the log level through the configuration options – lesser the log level, lesser the records captured in the log table. To know, how to change the log level, read this article.
How to run/schedule the log retention program in the Angular UI?
Navigate to Reports >> Schedule Jobs.
In the Schedule Job screen, click the + link.
In the Schedule Job/Job Groups screen, click the down arrow available for the Program Name field in order to select the Revpro3.0 Log Retention from the list of available programs. Select the desired date & time for the Start Date if the program must run at a specified time in the future; otherwise leave the field with the defaulted date and time.
If the program needs to be scheduled to run in a desired frequency, then select the appropriate options under the Recurring Setup block. Below screen print depicts that the program has been scheduled to run on every Sunday at 8 AM.
- Truncate Log
- Value Y: Program truncates the log table completely i.e. all the records in the log table will be deleted. When selected, do not pass values for the remaining parameters.
- Value N: This should be selected if certain records in the log table have to be retained. If this option is selected, then value(s) have to be passed for one or more of the following three parameters so that the program retains the records meeting the criteria. For multi-org enabled customers, this program deletes only the records belonging to the org from which the program is run.
- Log Retention: Enter the retention period. For example, if a value of 30 is passed then program retains the records created in the last 30 days and deletes the remaining.
- RC Id: All the log records will be deleted upon retaining the records related to the RC Id entered.
- Log Level: All the log records will be deleted upon retaining the records whose log level value matches the entered value.
Upon providing the desired value(s) for the program parameters, click the Submit Job button. You will get a pop-up message with the request id of the submitted job.
Did you know: Log retention program must be run on a scheduled interval as part of the application maintenance activity.
How to run/schedule the log retention program in the FOEX UI?
Navigate to Reports >> Schedule Jobs. Click the Schedule Job/Job Group button on the Schedule Jobs screen.
In the resulting screen, under the Schedule Program tab, click the down arrow available against the Program Name field in order to select the Revpro3.0 Log Retention from the list of available programs. Select the desired date & time for the Start Date if the program must run at a specified time in the future; otherwise leave the field with the defaulted date and time. If the program needs to be scheduled to run in a desired frequency, then select the appropriate options under the Recurring Setup block.
Click the Program Parameters tab and select the desired values for the program parameters and click the Submit Job button.
If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √