Happy Business Starts Here

Scholar

Historical A/R Aging report

Hi All,

Is there a way to run the A/R Aging report 'as off' a certain day in the past. Currently we can run only the latest aging report as of the current moment. We have requirements where sometimes we need to see what the aging looked like a week back.

Please let me know if this possible or if this feature is in the future roadmap.

Thanks,

Anand

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Historical A/R Aging report

Yes, would like to know as well as our Finance team has this ask.

Zuora Staff

Hello,

You can use the aging report in your accounting period (download detail report), you will need to add a filter to the top line and then filter by transaction date. For example, Your Sept accounting period is completed and closed, you need to look at the aging report as of 9/15, you will filter column H, Transaction date, uncheck the select all box, then select the dates 9/1-9/15. This is your aging report as of 9/15 and will list all transactions such as invoice item, payments, refunds, invoice adjustments, etc.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Monique

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Scholar

Thank you. I will take this to our finance team. This method looks good to me. 

Hi both,

I have encountered this problem before and I am afraid I have to disappoint you: this method is not correct.

It does work to filter out a past due invoice which was not yet past due on Sept 15.

But imagine the following: a past due invoice which was paid on Sept 20: then it does not appear anymore in the aging report mentioned below, so will be completely missing in your overview per Sept 15.

So building a Sept 15 overview can't be complete this way: it potentially misses items.

The solution is not easy: I build something similar in the past based on several exports from Zuora: an invoiced report and a payment report (and then combine the 2 reports with some formulas in excel). Let me know if you have questions on this.

Hope this helps.

Alexander Demes
senior business consultant
SubscriptionFactory.com
Zuora Staff

My apologies for the confusion. The details I provided was for the A/R report. There is a new Aging report in the new reporting. You can schedule the aging report to be ran everyday and you can save and keep these reports in your files. This aging report will be as of the day you ran the report, the old aging report was as of the last day of the month if you ran it at any point in time during the month. To use the new aging report, click on the new reporting link, open the Cash folder and then click on Drivers, the invoice aging button is there, which you can click on and edit to add or remove any data.

Scholar

Hello,

Is it possible to view the aging report just in USD (We have mulitple currencies)?

Tutor

Hi Monique,

I think there is confusion on what we're asking for. If I run my A/R Aging today (10/19) as of 9/30, I want to see what the aging looks like as of 9/30. I do not want the aging to reflect payments that have been posted with a date after 9/30, which the current report does.

Our particular use case is that on the first day of the month our billing agents need to post payments that came in on the last day of the month. We need to run AR showing that these payments have now been made to reflect a 9/30 date, and have come off the aging. The problem is that if we run the report on the 1st day of the month (with a 9/30 date), the aging will not show any invoices that have been paid overnight by credit card.

A proper A/R aging will reflect a specific point in time, but allow for updates if transactions are subsequently posted in that timeframe. The A/R aging should not reflect transactions posted with a date after the aging is dated.

Matt

Zuora Staff

The best report to use for your 09/30 aging is to use the aging report in your Sept accounting period. The reporting tool is a live report and will be updated as customers make their payments in October. So, if you run the aging report in October, the accounts that were on the Sept aging report will not show up since they have been paid.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Please make sure to @monique in your replies.

Thank you!