Happy Business Starts Here

Savvy Scholar

Column Headings

Once you have created a new report that you would like to run on a weekly basis and export to Excel, is there a way to change column headings so that every time you run the report you do not have so much work in excel to change column heading for example:  ProductRatePlanCharge.RecognizedRevenueAccount  is a very long heading with no spaces, and a shorter column heading would be fine for the recipients of the report.

8 REPLIES
Guru

Re: Column Headings

@pkeeler There is not currently a way (at least that I know of) to do this. But I also am casting my vote for this as it would be useful to be able to define custom titles for columns to allow the exported reports to be closer to a "ready to go" state.

Valued Scholar

@pkeeler@feisley Hi, I do not know what version of the Zuora Tenant you are in, however when you are configuring a report, there is a tab called "Column Formats." From this tab you have the option to edit any of the included columns and set a Caption. This will override the Zuora default column name for when you run your report. I do not know what the limitations on the Caption are in terms of character limit though. I also do not know how this translates into the new reporting tool as we are not yet on the latest version of the Zuora platform.

Reporting.PNG

Guru

@bsanders I was referring to the New Reporting interface currently in limited availability. (pretty sure thats what @pkeeler was referring to as well)

Thanks for pointing out how to do this in the current reports tool.

Zuora Product Team

Hi all - appreciate the feedback on this. You are right that this is something not yet supported in the new reporting product today, but it's very helpful to understand that's something that you'd like to see.

Savvy Scholar

Hi Chris

Just wondering if there was on progress on this, now that we are running more reports in Zuora, this would be so helpful.

Thanks 
Patti

Zuora Product Team

Hi Patti - not yet, but I'm tracking it. We have a good bit of work underway to expand the range of metrics that you can work with in reporting and the flexibility of the report builder, and that is pulling most of the team's focus in the near-term. We should be able to circle back on some additional areas thereafter.

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

@chrisHi Chris, Is there any timeline for when this will be available? We have numerous reports which were merged over into the new reporting tool and no longer have the same column headings as they used to in the old tool. This creates issues for our excel macros which are looking for specific column headings. Before we go back and re-write all of our macros I was wondering if this is slated for realease anytime soon.

Thanks

Zuora Product Team

@bsanders - I do not have a timeline for this one yet, I'm afraid.