SaaS reporting as default reports
We're a freemium SaaS business. Our business model offers a free version of our product with restrictions on performance, and our users can upgrade to one of four plans for more performance. We find that our customers regularly switch between higher and lower priced plans, sometimes more than once per month.
What do we need?
Basic SaaS reporting:
- Committed Monthly Recurring Revenue (or Net MRR)
- New MRR
- MRR Churn
- Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) (forecast)
- Average Revenue Per Account (ARPA) (incl. free)
- Average Revenue Per Paying User (ARPPU)
- Delta invoiced minus paid amounts (failed payments)
- Payment fees & refunds
There are lots of canned reports in Zuora, which strangely almost all do not apply to us. Unfortunately, after being in contact with Zuora Support several times it turns out that most of this reporting is currently hard or impossible to do. Which is surprising, as we operate on a proven business model, so I'm sure we're not the only service out there using Zuora for (freemium) SaaS reporting.
We propose to implement the following:
- Saas (freemium) reports, as listed above, out of the box
- A place in documentation for best practices from other (freemium) SaaS businesses using Zuora
Could Product Management please comment on this ASAP? We're blocked on doing decent tracking for our business until this is resolved.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.