Happy Business Starts Here

0 Kudos

Monthly Net Billings Reporting

Would like a report on the Accounting Period page (under each month) that provides an exportable (xls, CSV), detail file for 'Net Billings' (similar to how 'Revenue Detail' is provided). It is far difficult to manually construct a 'Net Billings' report using Invoice Item detail and adjustment reports, as the derived net amount does not always agree with the 'Net Billings' amount booked by Zuora. Such a report will help provide our organization with a clean data set of products purchased (net basis, of course) for analysis.

5 Comments
Zuora Alumni

@nikkisanchez - would it be equally helpful if you had the ability to create a net billings report in our new reporting solution? E.g., imagine you could create a new report, pull in both invoice items and item adjustments, and sum the net result by product, account, etc.

Zuora Alumni
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Scholar
Yes, but the challenge is in constructing the report so it mirrors the monthly Net Billings amt shown. I've manually tried using Excel pivot tables but was unable to reproduce the total shown in Zuora. In the interest of time, I use the invoice item report knowing that it's slightly off from net billings.
Zuora Alumni

If you send a screenshot of the report definition that you are using and a couple of examples to support, we could take a look and figure out where the difference is coming from (please copy me as well). Would that help? If there is already a ticket, you can also just send me the ticket #.

Scholar

Chris, please see ticket #111361. The totals now tie out. The remaining challenge resides with having the multiple reports combined to produce 1 clean data set from which I can perform analysis. Combining the various reports takes time, and I will need them weekly for analytical purposes.