Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Impact of Orders on Zuora rules engine?

Hello,

Does enabling Orders have an impact on the behavior of the UI based Zuora rules engine? (not the plugin)

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Staff

Re: Impact of Orders on Zuora rules engine?

Hi Kevin . -  We are running native CPQ 9.x Rules Engine on an orders enabled tenant.  Rules we have involve if product a, b,,c is on the quote add a x% discount. The rule is working as expected.  The only area I found that you have to analyze is with a ramp order, how the rule should be applied as the rule engine tends to cascade down the ramp.

Zuora Alumni

Randy is correct re behavior. Though we would like to enhance the Rules Engine at some point to be a bit more Ramp aware.

For example would "Insert Product at xx date" be a good use case to support in Rules?  Others?

Zuora Staff

Hi Nathan . -  I think if we can key off a start and end that would be more flexible.  Start would be either ramp start or contract effective date within that ramp.  Need to think about what an end date condition would look like.  I can see this getting a little tricky and cumbersome for a sales rep to do when quoting.  (i.e what if I have charge that has specific end date/end after x billing periods within a ramp) . 

Guru

In both of these cases the rules engine and calculated values would probably need to become more aware of dates for this to be really useful (i.e. when adding a product you would want to auto set the start date relative to the start date on the quote).

Calculated values would potentially let you take an existing date and add/subtract days/months/years to it.