Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Community Manager

[Live Events] Organize a Zuora User Group as a Community Chapter Leader

There's no doubt that there have been several requests for Zuora user groups and I'm happy to announce the launch of the Zuora Community Chapter Program.

Why Zuora Community Chapters?

When one thinks of it, a Zuora user group is a sub-community of the Zuora Community as a whole, so it makes sense to create different Zuora Community Chapters.

Within this group alone, there've been requests for user groups in 

I've also spoken to a few users who are interested in creating groups in the Santa Barbara ( @PML ), Los Angeles/San Diego ( @geraldwsoto ), and role-based (admin) groups ( @robertorubio ).

What does this mean?

This means that Zuora Community users who would like to lead a Community Chapter, will work with me to launch one in their area. I'll personally work with the leaders to set-up, launch, promote and advise them as they run their Chapters which can be local, virtual or both.

Why would I want to be a Chapter Leader?

Other than working with yours truly Smiley Very Happy (ha!) you'll have opportunities to connect with many other Zuora users who share your interests, specialties, etc. as well as share your expertise with them.  Chapter Leaders will also have their own Community group where they can discuss group ideas, topics and more.

What if I'm relatively a New Zuora User? 

Even if you're new to Zuora and have a talent for getting people together to discuss, collaborate and learn, you might make a great Chapter Leader.

I'm interested.  What are the next steps?

1. Read the program overview and fill out the application 
  2. I'll contact you for a quick chat to learn more about your group.
  3. Once approved, we'll begin creating your Chapter Meetup group. If your request is declined, you'll also hear back from me.

I'd like to join, but not lead a Chapter. What can I do?

Understandable. Simply chime in below about your interest, or add your interest to an existing request.  Leaders usually rise up when they see a lot of people interested in a group.

Not sure or have more questions?

Send me a message or tag me in the comments below with your questions.

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: [Live Events] Organize a Zuora User Group as a Community Chapter Leader

I've also received requests for groups in the SF Bay Area and Florida (Orlando).

The San Francisco Bay Area has a Meetup group here: https://www.meetup.com/BayAreaZuoraCommunity/ if anyone is interested in hosting an event. 

It would also be great to have a virtual Eastern Timezone group to capture users on the East Coast.

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne