Happy Business Starts Here

KNOWN LIMITATION: Adding a new PRPC with the existing charge name in a Product via Dev Tools

Rajkumar
Zuora Support

KNOWN LIMITATION: Adding a new PRPC with the existing charge name in a Product via Dev Tools

Known Limitation:

Product Catalog API Loader does not allow you to create products, rate plans, or product rate plan charges using the same name on an existing product.

E.g - 

For example, a product rate plan charge named TestCharge already exists on a product. If you want to add another charge of the same name to this product, you must create the charge with a different name, then use Generic API Loader to update the name of the charge to TestCharge

Workaround:

• Using the "Product Catalog API Loader" - add the charges you want to add, but each charge should have unique names. E.g Test1, Test2 . Existing charge name = Test
  • Once the job is successfully completed, click on the Show button for the respective job

inline794059331.png

• In the dialogue box, navigate to the "Files" tab
  • Click on "ProductCatalogImportResult" file
  • Take the NAME and ID field from the file and add in a separate CSV file
  • Change the name to "Test" which is already existing in the system and store the file
  • Then in developer tools, by using "Generic API Loader", we can update the names. Refer to the below screenshots:

Dev3.pngDev2.png` 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √