Happy Business Starts Here

Why the updated end date of accounting period on source entity is not synced to target entity?

Highlighted
Zuora Support
Zuora Support

Why the updated end date of accounting period on source entity is not synced to target entity?

Question: 

We updated the end date of the open accounting period in the source entity. However, this adjustment is not synced to the corresponding accounting period in the target entity.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support
Zuora Support

Re: Why the updated end date of accounting period on source entity is not synced to target entity?

Possible Cause:

There may be some revenue associated with the accounting period in the target entity. 

Some testings may be performed in the target entity and generated revenue schedule. Revenue recognition is based on accounting period settings, once there is revenue recognized in this accounting period, we do not allow the date to be changed.

Suggestion:

1. First Make sure the shared object setting of the accounting period is “Auto Accept” under target entity -> Administration -> "Manage Entity Sharing Settings".
  2. You need re-distribute the revenue recognized in this accounting period to open-ended accounting period first.

You can run a trial balance of this accounting period, then check Revenue Details report to find out how much revenue for each revenue schedule has been recognized in this accounting period, and those revenue schedules are the ones you need to do revenue redistribution.

Then the latest end date of accounting period on source entity will be synced to target entity automatically.

If this suggestion couldn't fix the problem, please reach out to Zuora customer support via support.zuora.com and raise a support ticket to further troubleshoot. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 15.44.28.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √