Happy Business Starts Here

Why is there a difference between the Revenue Report and the Revenue Detail download?

Zuora Support Moderator

Why is there a difference between the Revenue Report and the Revenue Detail download?

Question: When I run the Revenue Report from the Zuora reporting area, I sometimes notice that the total there doesn't match up with the monthly Revenue Detail downloads I see in the Accounting Period area. Why is that?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Why is there a difference between the Revenue Report and the Revenue Detail download?

Answer:

Background
Before we talk about the most common reason why there may be a discrepancy between the reports, I want to ensure folks understand where the numbers are coming from.

Revenue Report (standard report): This report can be found in Zuora Reporting under the Revenue header in the Outcomes section. You can also search for "Recognized Revenue" in the search bar to bring this up.

• This report will give you the total recognized revenue during the current and last 3 accounting periods. You can edit this report to change the date filtering as needed.
  • This is what it will look like when I change the period to a single month:
  • revenuereport1.PNG

The Accounting Period Revenue Detail Report can be found under the Finance section within the specific accounting period.

revrec3.PNG

• If the accounting period is still open, this report will give you the revenue that is potentially recognized for the accounting period.
  • For this report, download it and sum up the column labeled "Recognized in this Accounting Period" for all the worksheets.
  • revrec2.PNG

Why you may see differences between the two reports
The most common cause of the discrepancy is due to when the last trial balance was run.

The Revenue Report from Zuora reporting is a report that will capture the moment in more real time.

The report from the accounting period area is a snapshot in time taking its cue from when the last trial balance was run.

If transactions have occurred, they may not be reflected in this report until you re-run the trial balance again to update the allocation.

Once you do that the numbers should be in sync again.

Resource Links

Zuora Staff

Re: Why is there a difference between the Revenue Report and the Revenue Detail download?

Thank you Amy for the AMAZING write up!! This article is very help and this question is asked frequently!!