Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME

How to redistribute revenue using Mass updater

issue: Using Mass Updater tool, how do we redistribute revenue that is already allocated in other accounting periods? Using, "Manual: fixed amount" distribution type, we keep on getting an error with "The total amounts distributed to accounting periods [x amount] do not match the revenue schedule amount [x amount].  There are [x amount] remaining to be distributed".

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Support SME

Re: How to redistribute revenue using Mass updater

Solution: For "Manual: fixed amount" distribution. If the RS amount that you're redistributing has been allocated to all other accounting periods, populate the template with 0 for the accounting periods that will be zeroed out or input the delta value.

Example: Revenue schedule RS-1234 amount is 100 and it's been distributed from 2017-03 to 2018-03 accounting periods. Now if the goal is to just put the whole 100 revenue only in 2017-03, place 0 on the template for the rest of the accounting periods from 2017-04. (This is the similar behavior in UI if you're going to perform manual re-distribution across accounting periods).

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 3.41.12 PM.png

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Newly Enrolled

Re: How to redistribute revenue using Mass updater

Hello,

I am trying to utilize the mass updater to perform an update to revenue schedules. I keep recieving an error relating to the date header name. I have tried various different names/dates. Is anyone aware with the correct format for the column headers relating to the dates? 

Thanks