Yolanda Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME
Accepted Solution

How to get the MRR with discount applied?

Question:

We are trying to build a report that shows us an account's total MRR, with the discount amount applied. For instance, we have an account with a $20 MRR, but they also have a 100% account level discount. We're using the new report generator, but can't get it to create a report that would show me that this particular's MRR is $0.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Yolanda Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Re: How to get the MRR with discount applied?

[ Edited ]

Solution:

There is a data source Discount Applied Metrics, which we could use to help get a report of the MRR after discount in Reporting.

1111.jpg

The report would retrieve the amount of discount applying to each Rate Plan Charge

222.png

so we will need to do calculation outside of Zuora to get the real MRR of each charge after discount.

ShahinKohan Savvy Scholar

Savvy Scholar

Savvy Scholar

This is a total bad design and not like Zuora. Why can't you connect this to the Rate Plan Charge so we don't have to do it outside of Zuora? This is not something that would come out of a successful company like Zuora. Total disappoinment. 

AmyLy Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

@ShahinKohan - I get exactly what you're talking about. There is some existing frustration because the two data sources are not currently linked, but I know the Product team has been working on a longer term solution to address questions related to MRR and your feedback will be greatly appreciated! Our team is exploring the best methodologies to provide customers like yourself with more nuanced reporting. We do appreciate the note (and contributions to the Ideas board -- that's super helpful) and your patience as we continue our development.

Highlighted
AmyLy Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

@ShahinKohan - I just wanted to provide an update for you on this.

We're coming out with Order Metrics which will include the net MRR value from a new data source called TCB (Total Contracted Bookings). Now some folks are already in the process of moving to Orders, but if you aren't in that group yet, you can still take advantage of the Order Metrics which can be enabled independently. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager/contact for more information. This is currently in Limited Availability and we hope to move it to General Availability in the near future.