Happy Business Starts Here

How to find Payment transactions created during trial balance which cause the Differences?

Highlighted
Zuora Support
Zuora Support

How to find Payment transactions created during trial balance which cause the Differences?

Questions:

• We have seen a Differences under Finance -> Accounting Periods -> select the accounting period -> Balances tab. How to find Payment transactions created during trial balance which cause the Differences under Balances tab?

One Possible Cause: 

• The most common cause of the discrepancy is due to payment transactions created during the trial balance in this accounting period.

Solution:

1. If the accounting period hasn't been closed, we recommend re-running the trial balance. Differences would be expected to disappear.
  2. If the accounting period has been closed, please export payments generated during trial balance using https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/Object_POSTExport . Then find the result in data source export. Please refer to the below example.
    • Please adjust the query with the expected "EffectiveDate" according to your accounting period.
    • Please adjust the query with the expected "CreatedDate", which is available in the latest "Accounting period closed by" history item in the accounting period UI. Please pay attention to the time format.
  3. To fix the Differences in a closed accounting period, it's recommended to re-open the accounting period, and put the accounting period in the Pending Close status which prevents new transactions from being created. Then try running the trial balance again.
  4. If differences still exist after re-running the trial balance, please submit a request at Zuora Global Support

Example for July 2019:
     Endpoint: https://rest.zuora.com/v1/object/export
Request:

{
"Format": "csv",
"Name": "Payments",
"Query": "select CreatedDate, UpdatedDate, id, PaymentNumber, Amount, Status, Currency, EffectiveDate from Payment where EffectiveDate >= '2019-07-01' and EffectiveDate <= '2019-07-31' and CreatedDate >='2019-08-01T07:07:16+1000'",
"Zip": false
}

Response:

{
"Success": true,
"Id": "2c92a0ff70a43eef0170aa454c6e0b42"
}

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √