How is the "Subtotal Payments" in the Balances tab calculated when invoice settlement is enabled?
How is the "Subtotal Payments" in the Balances tab of an accounting period calculated based on the Accounts Receivable Detail Report when invoice settlement is enabled?
The subtotal payments amount in UI stands for the sum of PA_DebitMemo, PA_Invoice and PA_Unapplied (PA=payment application)
- Download the Accounts Receivable Detail Report (ARRollForwardDetailExport report)
- Filter the “Payment Application” transaction type in downloaded ARRollForwardDetailExport report.
- Filter the “Transaction Subtype” column, sum three subtypes (DebitMemo, Invoice, and Unapplied)
Please ignore other subtypes. Because the AR balance on UI does not mean Accounts Receivable accounting code's balance. Instead, it is a more general concept and means the net income that customers paid in this accounting period (Accounts Receivable - credit balances - unapplied payments).
- the subtypes "debit memo reversal" and "invoice reversal" do not refund money to the customers, so please ignore.
- the subtypes "unapplied to invoice" and "unapplied to debit memo" do not require a payment, so please ignore.
If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √